Readers ask: Where To Live In Eugene, Oregon?
- 1 Where should I not live in Eugene Oregon?
- 2 Is Eugene Oregon a good place to live?
- 3 Is it expensive to live in Eugene Oregon?
- 4 What kind of people live in Eugene Oregon?
- 5 Is Eugene a safe city?
- 6 What is the best area to live in Eugene Oregon?
- 7 Why does Eugene Oregon smell?
- 8 What is the coldest month in Eugene Oregon?
- 9 Why is rent so high in Eugene?
- 10 What are winters like in Eugene Oregon?
- 11 What salary do you need to live in Eugene Oregon?
- 12 What is the racial makeup of Eugene Oregon?
- 13 Are there black people in Eugene Oregon?
- 14 Is Eugene Oregon poor?
Where should I not live in Eugene Oregon?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Eugene, OR
- West University. Population 7,119. 60 %
- U Of O Campus. Population 2,568. 47 %
- Trainsong. Population 2,389. 33 %
- West Eugene. Population 3,801. 32 %
- Active Bethel. Population 26,225. 31 %
- Downtown. Population 3,345. 28 %
- Whiteaker. Population 3,646. 20 %
- River Road. Population 12,412. 16 %
Is Eugene Oregon a good place to live?
Ranked as the 28th Top 100 Best Places to Live by livability.com in 2018, Eugene residents appreciate the well-kept parks, streets, and neighborhoods. Eugene is called the “Emerald City,” not only because its greenery resembles a lush forest, but because of its focus on maintaining an environmentally green town.
Is it expensive to live in Eugene Oregon?
Summary about cost of living in Eugene, OR, United States: A single person estimated monthly costs are 935$ without rent. Eugene is 29.28% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Eugene is, on average, 61.49% lower than in New York.
What kind of people live in Eugene Oregon?
The 5 largest ethnic groups in Eugene, OR are White (Non-Hispanic) (77.9%), White (Hispanic) (5.35%), Two+ (Non-Hispanic) (5.08%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (4.38%), and Other (Hispanic) (2.98%).
Is Eugene a safe city?
Eugene, Oregon is safe, and there are only 36 crimes per 1,000 residents. Granted, that crime rate is higher than the national average, but compared to cities Lincoln or Portland, Eugene is safe. Currently, 1 in 254 residents suffer a violent crime in Eugene, and 1 in 31 experience property crime.
What is the best area to live in Eugene Oregon?
5 Best Neighborhoods to Live in Eugene, OR
- Amazon. Amazon is a region with a median income that’s not far off the national average, making it great for graduate students and university employees.
- Crest Drive.
Why does Eugene Oregon smell?
The origin of the smell is still under investigation. EUGENE, Ore. Fire officials said the scent was trapped near the ground due to atmospheric conditions and drifted from northwest Eugene to southwest neighborhoods throughout the day.
What is the coldest month in Eugene Oregon?
On the hottest days of the year, the temperature usually reaches 37/38 °C (99/100 °F). In August 1981, it reached 42 °C (108 °F). The average temperature of the coldest month ( December ) is of 4.3 °C (40 °F), that of the warmest month (August) is of 19.4 °C (67 °F). Here are the average temperatures.
Why is rent so high in Eugene?
The rental vacancy rate in Eugene was 2.9 percent during the second quarter of 2018, according to HUD, down from 3.6 percent during the same period last year. A vacancy rate this low is an indicator that the market will bear higher rents due to heightened demand and competition for rentals.
What are winters like in Eugene Oregon?
Climate and Average Weather Year Round in Eugene Oregon, United States. In Eugene, the summers are short, warm, dry, and mostly clear and the winters are very cold, wet, and overcast. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 35°F to 86°F and is rarely below 25°F or above 97°F.
What salary do you need to live in Eugene Oregon?
The cost of living in Eugene, OR is -9.3% lower than in Portland, OR. You would have to earn a salary of $54,427 to maintain your current standard of living.
What is the racial makeup of Eugene Oregon?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Eugene was: White: 83.26% Two or more races: 6.23% Asian: 4.46%
Are there black people in Eugene Oregon?
The shipyard and jobs on the railroad are the reasons that Portland is home to more than half of Oregon’s African-Americans. The city is six-percent black while Eugene and Salem are one and a half percent and Bend is a half-percent African-American.
Is Eugene Oregon poor?
The poverty rate in Eugene is 21.7%. One out of every 4.6 residents of Eugene lives in poverty. How many people in Eugene, Oregon live in poverty? 34,191 of 157,393 Eugene residents reported income levels below the poverty line in the last year.