Quick Answer: Where Is Shady Cove Oregon?
- 1 What county is Shady Cove Oregon in?
- 2 How Safe Is Shady Cove Oregon?
- 3 Is Shady Cove still on level 3?
- 4 How close is the fire to Shady Cove Oregon?
- 5 Does Shady Cove need to evacuate?
- 6 How did Shady Cove get its name?
- 7 Did Eagle Point Oregon burn down?
- 8 Is the obenchain fire still burning?
- 9 Is White City Oregon on fire?
- 10 What is the zip code for Shady Cove Oregon?
- 11 What county is Jackson Oregon in?
What county is Shady Cove Oregon in?
At an elevation of 1,401 feet, Shady Cove is located approximately 20 miles from Medford, Oregon, the seat of Jackson County, and regional center.
How Safe Is Shady Cove Oregon?
There is virtually no crime in this area.
Is Shady Cove still on level 3?
Again, Shady COve remains at Level 3 evacuation.
How close is the fire to Shady Cove Oregon?
The Round Top Fire, located about 10 miles northwest of Shady Cove, is estimated at 23 acres and is fully lined. The Buck Rock Fire, roughly 5 miles north of Trail, is fully lined at 17 acres. Crews are still working on full containment for the two fires.
Does Shady Cove need to evacuate?
Level 3 includes all of the City of Shady Cove and continues north on Highway 62 to include the community of Trail. This is a fast moving wind driven fire residents should immediately evacuate.
How did Shady Cove get its name?
Lillian Hukill as postmistress. The city’s name has no clear origin. It is possible that a man named Barnes established a town site he called “The Cove”. However, according to Barbara Hegne, a local historian, the name for Shady Cove came from a speculative operation by some Medford businessmen.
Did Eagle Point Oregon burn down?
– A new fire is burning east of Eagle Point. The Oregon Department of Forestry is calling it the South Obenchain Fire. It was detected around 1:50 Tuesday afternoon. It’s roughly 1,700 acres according to ODF’s Southwest Oregon District.
Is the obenchain fire still burning?
The South Obenchain Fire is burning in Jackson County. The fire was reported September 8, 2020 at 1:59 pm. The fire cause remains under investigation.
Is White City Oregon on fire?
Fire burning on the 9600 block of East Antelope Road is now 100% lined and the fire is 20% mopped up.
What is the zip code for Shady Cove Oregon?
The Patton Meadow fire burns in southern Oregon on Thursday. The Patton Meadow fire about 14 miles west of Lakeview, near the California border, exploded to 11 square miles in less than 24 hours in a landscape sucked dry by extreme drought.
What county is Jackson Oregon in?