Question: What County Is Independence Oregon In?
- 1 How safe is Independence Oregon?
- 2 What is independence Oregon known for?
- 3 Is Independence Oregon a good place to live?
- 4 What county is Monmouth or?
- 5 What is in Independence Oregon?
- 6 What is the history of independence Oregon?
- 7 What’s the zip code for independence Oregon?
- 8 Is Monmouth a good place to live?
- 9 What is it like to live in Monmouth Oregon?
How safe is Independence Oregon?
In Independence, Oregon you have a 1 in 546 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime. Violent crimes include murder, rape, robbery and assault. With regards to property crime, you have a 1 in 72 chance of becoming a victim.
What is independence Oregon known for?
The City of Independence is the third largest urban area in Polk County, Oregon. Located twelve miles southwest of Salem, on the west bank of the Willamette River, it was known as the “Hop Capital of the World” from the late 1890’s to the 1940’s.
Is Independence Oregon a good place to live?
Independence is not like any other town, it has an amazing and supportive community. It is not like any other old town, independence is home to many historical buildings and features that have created the independence we all know and love.
What county is Monmouth or?
What is in Independence Oregon?
About The Author
- Riverview Park Amphitheater. Independence, Willamette Valley.
- Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway. St.
- Bicycle Boater Campground. Independence, Willamette Valley.
- Buena Vista Ferry. Jefferson, Willamette Valley.
- Brew Coffee & Taphouse – Independence.
- Pink House Cafe.
- Ovenbird Bakery.
- Independence Heritage Museum.
What is the history of independence Oregon?
Independence, Oregon, (population 9,375) was founded (twice) in the Willamette River Valley by settlers who had traveled the Oregon Trail, departing from Independence, Missouri. Elvin A. Thorp founded a town when he arrived in 1845 on the west bank of the Willamette River, just north of Ash Creek.
What’s the zip code for independence Oregon?
Monmouth, a small town about 15 miles southwest of Salem, is ending its time as the last dry town on the West Coast. A ballot measure to allow the sale of beer and wine, though not hard liquor, passed with about 57 percent of the vote on Tuesday.
Is Monmouth a good place to live?
The town of Monmouth has been crowned the third happiest place to live in Britain following a survey. Monmouth was the only place in Wales that made it into the top ten happiest places to live, but Caerphilly scored highly for friendly neighbours.
What is it like to live in Monmouth Oregon?
Monmouth is a great little town, full out cute little businesses and great food. Quite and clean town with fun summer time events and very family friendly place to live and enjoy. I love the small town and how quaint it is. There is a strip of cute shops and places to eat, as well as a Saturday market in the Summer!